Monday, January 19, 2015

I left you something special at the end of this blog post :)

Introduction

Ryan Guzman, star of the new, hit movie, The Boy Next Door, plays a handsome teenager seeking affection from his new neighbor, Jennifer Lopez (J-Lo). When things take a turn for the worse, young Guzman shows a little bit of his bad side to the audience. Guzman had his first big debut in Step Up All In, but I’d have to say that he has come a long way from there.


 The Boy Next Door has opened up a pathway to stardom and his roadway to success. Not only does Guzman have the talents for TV, but he also has the physique. He displays a muscular look with nice rounded shoulders and arms roughly the same size as his neck. This is the ideal physique measurement (I’ll add more about this at the bottom). Because of his good proportions and low body fat percentage, Guzman is an ideal example of the Hollywood-look that most of us strive for. With all this being said, don’t you want to look like the next big thing?     



How to achieve his physique

I prefer a simple approach. To me, you need to get down to the point and not add in all of the extra sets and exercises.  Focusing on a few key exercises is the best way to achieve maximum strength, while adding dense muscle. The key exercises to achieving a body like Guzman consist of: incline presses, standing presses, weighted chin ups, barbell curls, and pistol squats. But the only way to attain this physique is through a great balance of a lean body fat percentage combined with a good strength training routine, similar to Ryan Guzman’s workout for Step Up All In. When you are stuck at the gym, completing 8-15 sets of 10+ reps, you consume much of your life wasting pointless hours in the gym. As a natural lifter, it is also very difficult to recovery from such volume. I believe that fitness should not consume your life but enhance it. You should enjoy working out and only spend around 3 days a week for about 1-2 hours each time. I know this does not sound like much, but when you focus on the essential, that is when the best results come forth!



How this look is more attractive to women rather than the bodybuilder look.

No disrespect to the bodybuilding community, I have many friends who are involved and I respect the dedication. But for me personally, that is not the look I am after. I am glad I have the courage to go after what means the most to me and not worry about what others think. Most women drool when they see actors like Ryan Guzman, Zac Efron, or Channing Tatum appear on screen. These men present  low body fat , along with dense muscles. The Hollywood look, or what I like to call the lifestyle physique, will give you the satisfaction of looking good with or without clothes on. Who wouldn't love that? Women want big, firm muscles, they don’t want to feel soft muscles or feel like they may be squished underneath of you.

Most women find it attractive when a man is not obsessed with being in the gym or being stuck with a strict diet. Trust me, I've had experience with this. When men are worried about spending more time in the gym than they do with their woman, your lady will let you know. This lifestyle physique, much like Ryan Guzman, will allow you to live your life while allowing fitness to merely fall in the background.
My motto: “I teach people how to look incredible no matter what life throws at you.” Fitness should be a tool used to enhance other areas of your life while allowing you to build the body of your dreams.


Workout A
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3 Sets (4-6) (6-8) (8-10) reps
Handstand Push Ups: 3 sets of max reps
Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 3 sets of (8-12) reps
Cable Rope Extensions: 3 sets of 6-10 reps

Workout B
Weighted Chin Ups: 3 sets of (4) (5) (6)
Pistol Squats: 2 sets of 2 reps/keep same weight 
Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 6-10 reps
Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets of 6-10 reps

Workout Notes:

Alternate workouts A and B as follows:
ABA BAB on 3 non-consecutive days per week. Ex. Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Perform two warm up sets. Perform your heaviest
set first and then decrease the weight by 10% for the second set and then again for the last set.

Rest 3 minutes between sets.



Ratio's To Strive For

Waist = Height in inches x 0.445
Arms = Waist x 0.51 or same size as neck measurement 
Chest = Waist x 1.4
Shoulders = Waist x 1.618



Conclusion.
If you liked Ryan Guzman's workout for The Boy Next Door, maybe you would also like to check out my blog. I teach people how to get in incredible shape without living in the gym or kitchen.
This is me and a handful of fitness feats I have built up too. I weigh 165lbs.


215lb Incline Bench Press For 5 Reps

80lb Weighted Chin Ups

80lb Pistol Squats 


If you want to learn my approach on building a lean and chiseled physique without living in the gym. The GTM Fitness Newsletter can help get you on the right track. Check it out HERE

I also wrote a review on the program I used to build up to that kind of strength. Read more on that HERE. It is called the Project 1. You can also click the banner below or on the top right of the page.





I hope you enjoyed!
Talk soon,
Trent McCloskey
GTM Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment